You deserve a break, so stop scrolling and go find a nice spot to sit. Could be outside, could be inside, could be on a chair, with a bear, in a box, with a fox…
The point is, don’t overthink it. Let it be a space where you aren’t likely to be disturbed for 5 minutes. That’s it! Doesn’t even have to be quiet. It doesn’t matter if your eyes are open or closed. You can call it meditation if you want, but what it really is, is a gift from you to yourself.
1. TIMER. Set your cell phone timer or use a free app like #InsightTimer.
2. RELAX. Sit like the king or queen you are letting yourself receive the gift of a 5 minute break (the world will still be here when you’re done).
3. PAUSE THOUGHTS. Any thought you have can wait. When something pops up, just calmly notice it and tell it you will get back to it (be okay with this happening a lot).
4. EMBRACE DISTRACTIONS. There will likely be uncool sounds. Just like your thoughts, you can think about them later (acknowledge and move past).
5. BREATHE. Most important of all, just breathe. When thoughts and uncool sounds happen, just come back to the breath.
-FountainOfYouth: meditation supports the brain’s production of dopamine and serotonin, slowing down the ageing process.
-GetRest: meditation provides rest that is two to five times deeper than sleep.
-BeProductive: meditation improves attention, memory, processing speed, and creativity.
-EnergyBoost: mediation can give you an energizing boost similar to caffeine.
-Destress: meditation lowers levels of the stress hormone ACTH.
[brought to by Casey, BFC TRAINER]